Purple

Friday, June 3, 2011

Days 25-27

When I was a senior in high school I walked into Fairwood Pet Store for fish food and fell in love with a tiny orange kitten.  She reached out of the cage and literally grabbed onto my shirt!  I held her for almost an hour before I left to go ask my parents if I could bring her home.  That night we went to Gordito's in Greenlake for dinner and I dropped it on my parents, thinking they wouldn't make me cry in public....but I was wrong!  They both immediately said no, and I immediately started crying.  Don't judge.  You didn't see how cute this kitten was.

After dinner I asked my mom to drive home with me, and alone in the car I asked her to just come see the kitten.  She didn't have to let me get her, she just had to come look at her.  So she came with me back to Fairwood Pets, and it didn't take long to convince her.  As a parent I now know how important it is to keep a "united front", but mom, thank you for letting me get Truman even though you knew dad didn't want it.

We brought her home and my mom helped me sneak her into the house.  She found a small box to use as a litter box and helped me (quietly) set up her food, water, potty, and bed.  Thank you.

She didn't tell my dad what we did.  She trusted me to deal with the situation myself.  Thank you for that.

And for my dad's part, just as I suspected, it was love at first sight.  The next morning I brought the little orange ball of fluff into my dad and said, "Dad, this is Truman."  He furrowed his brow and pursed his lips, but as soon as he held her, he was transformed into a "cat person".  Thanks, dad.  

No comments:

Post a Comment